Friday 26 April 2013

Photo of the week 4

Last weekend I was lucky enough to get my hands on a press pass to Hit the Deck, held in Bristol. I spent my day photographing and watching lots of amazing bands, eating burritos, chilling in the sun and meeting some of the bands for interviews and photos. Anyway, here is my favourite photo from the day (and from the week). You may recognise the man in the photo to be the lead singer of Don Broco, they were amazing live and a great way to end the day.


It was extra hard to pick my favourite photo when I have hundreds of all different bands in different venues to choose from. However, this one stood out to me. I love the way the smoke (as much as music photographers hate smoke machines) adds to the effect. It creates a nice textured background which would otherwise be a plain black space. He is nicely lit (also usually a bit of a struggle) with highlights on his face, arms and microphone. this draws your eye to the key features of the image. His expression is as if he's lost in the music, It feels full of emotion and feels as if he is connecting directly to the audience by reaching out his hand to them. Overall I think it sums up their set pretty well.

Here are some more photos from the day. The first one was a close contentder for 'photo of the week' but he's a bit blurry and it wasn't quite as sharp as I would have liked. the other band in order are Attention Theives, Canterbury and Malory Knox.







No comments:

Post a Comment