Friday 12 April 2013

Photo of the week 2

This week it's Daffodils!!! I decided to get out the macro extension tubes and give macro photography another go. I think i'm getting the hang of it now. I had bought some daffodils as it is supposed to be spring, although i'm struggling to believe that it is. So I took some bright colourful photos to hopefully encourage some sunshine. Here is my photo of the week.


I chose this photo because I love that if feels like an abstract representation of a daffodil, rather than a realistic photograph. It follows the basic shapes and colours of the flower but is also mostly blurred and the only part in sharp focus is the ruffled edge of the funnel. I used natural sunlight from the window to light it as it made it feel real and brought out the vibrant yellow. I love the detail in the crinkled edge in comparison with the blurred petals. The funnel of the plant adds some mystery as it is unclear what is lurking inside, this also helps to draw the eye into the centre of the photo. Overall I think it is a lovely photo to sum-up spring and the warm weather which will hopefully grace us with its presence soon. Below are some of the other photos I took. Some are a more classic example of macro photography as they pick up lots of detail in the flower, but I still cant help being drawn to the one above as my favourite. I know I was only supposed to pick one photo, but I think these all deserve to be shown too :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment