Wednesday 15 May 2013

Product Photography

I'm pretty new to commercial product photography, but have done a couple shoots now and have really enjoyed it. I love the challenge of trying to show the 'product' in the best possible way using lighting, backgrounds, props etc. I want to share with you some of my favourite product shoots I've done so far. I don't have a studio so i'm using a make-shift set-up. Considering what I've been working with I think the photos are pretty good and I know there are some flaws or imperfections that would be easier to avoid in a real studio. The first shoot I want to show you, is for a beauty product company called Amora (www.purelyamora.com). They're aim as a company is it produce "pure, natural and organic personal care products", so this had to be portrayed in the photos. It was such fun to do, I went out the garden with a big tray and filled it with all the different leaves, twigs, bits of wood and flowers that I could find and just tryed everything out. Here was the outcome.




This next shoot was for a product called Pick Punch (www.plethorapicks.com). The brief was to create photos of the products which would fit into a traditional catalogue. This included a white background and bright lighting which highlighted the product and would encourage viewers to purchase one. Here are some of the final photos.




I'd love to have a more profesional set-up one day to make the whole process alot smoother and less time consuming. espscially for the invisible background shoots. I'd love to hear if you have any advice regarding the photos and how they look on the finished sites :)

No comments:

Post a Comment